Over the past seven or eight months we’ve been actively working to raise $10,000 for the Adirondack Medical Center via the Ironman Foundation “Your Journey Your Cause” program in memory of Owen. With Ironman Lake Placid quickly approaching we were creeping towards (and finally exceeded) $9,000.
Once we hit the $9,000 mark on Monday things started going gang busters. We quickly raised another $600 on Monday night and by Tuesday morning we were over $9600.
A little bit of social media promotion and a few well placed emails later and on Tuesday afternoon we hit our goal of $10,000!!!
The donations didn’t end there and we’re currently sitting at $10,136.
We are so incredibly thankful for all the individuals and organizations who have helped make this journey successfully particularly:
- Shaun Gallagher, Emily Gianquinto, Maureen Burns, Shira Flowers and Kim Sass (for their financial, as well as, emotional and in kind support)
- Hooker Brewery (for being very generous is allowing us to hold our beer tasting fundraiser there)
- Hartford Track Club (for working with us on the Retro Run 5K)
- Sonic Endurance (for supporting all of our fundraising efforts)
- Boco Gear (for donating the awesome Owen Otter IMLP 2017 trucker hats)
- Sound Runner (for supporting the brewery fundraiser and donating tons of raffle prizes)
- Oiselle Volee Team (for making so many donations to our cause)
- Run 169 Society (for supporting our efforts through the Retro Run 5K and individual donations)
- HEAT (for their support of our brewery fundraiser and individual donations)
- Town of Morris (for allowing us to hold the Retro Run 5K)
- Maverick Multisport (for supporting our efforts and donating tons of raffle prizes)
- Hawks Landing (for awesome raffle support)
- West Hartford Yoga (for awesome raffle support)
- A Moment Away Spa (for awesome raffle support)
We still have awesome Owen Otter hats and shirts for sale (you can purchase one here) and always we appreciate all donations to our fundraising page here (while we’ve met our goal, we are still trying to make the largest donation possible to the Adirondack Medical Center).