Registration for the 2018 race series (The Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon, Retro Run 5K, Solstice Sprint 5K and Hogsback Half Marathon) open on November 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. We’re trying a few new things this year. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Early Bird Registration. The most inexpensive way to register is to take advantage of early bird registration from November 1st through November 7th. During early bird registration Quarter Marathon is $30, Retro Run and Solstice are $20 and Hogsback is $40.
3. Hartford Track Club Members. If you are a member of the Hartford Track Club you get an additional discount on race entries (the amount varies by race) and is taken off automatically at checkout.
4. 2017 Deferrals. If you have a deferral from 2017, please email me at kelly [at] sonicendurance.com and I’ll send you a registration code. All codes must be used by November 30, 2017.
5. No transfer or deferrals in 2018. Unfortunately, due to abuses of our previous policy, we are no longer able to offer refunds, transfers or deferrals. All proceeds from the races benefit charitable organizations. If you are unable to run the race, we are happy to provide you with a receipt for a charitable donation in the amount of your race registration fee.
6. 2018 Charities. In 2018 proceeds from Quarter Marathon will benefit the Blazeman Foundation, proceeds from Retro Run will benefit the Morris Parks and Recreation Department, proceeds from Solstice Sprint will benefit the Connecticut Legal Rights Project and proceeds from Hogsback will benefit Running for Rescues.
7. Race prize purses. Each of the races will have a prize purse. For Quarter Marathon there will be a $250 prize for the first male runner under 37:30 and the first female runner under 40:00. For Retro Run and Solstice there will be a $100 prize for the first male runner under 16:00 and the first female runner under 18:30. For Hogsback there will be a $250 prize for the first male runner under 1:15:00 and the first female runner under 1:24:00.
8. Discount Codes. If you represent a group of more than 10 runners, contact me and I’ll be happy to set up a discount code for your organization. Just remember discount codes will not be available until after early bird pricing has ended.
9. Pacers. We will have pacers for the Hogsback Half Marathon. We are thinking about adding pacers to our other racers. If you feel strongly about this (that is if having pacers is something you would really like) please let me know.
10. Volunteering. We can always use volunteers. We’ll have the volunteer websites up shortly if you would like to help out in 2018.
11. Anything else. If there’s something you’d like to see, or there’s something we can do to help make the race experience better for you, please let me know. We’re always looking to improve and feed